Phimeanakas

Published on 02 July 2015 11:14 PM Post By ៖ Apsara National Authority
Phimeanakas temple was built in the mid-10th century. In the time of constructing this temple, there was a courtyard around the temple. But due to continuous change, it disappeared until it was discovered by excavations. Phimeanakas temple was considered as a worship place in of the Royal Palace, which covered on the area of 581 meters long and the width of 242 meters. There are two ponds in the north of the temple – a large pond called Srah Srei (Women’s Bath) and a small pond called Srah Bros (Men’s Bath). In the end of 13th century, Chinese Diplomat Mr. Zhou Daguan heard a legend from the local people about this temple. According to legend, the king spent the first watch of every night with a woman thought to represent a Nāga in the tower, during that time, not even the queen was permitted to intrude. Only in the second watch the king returned to his palace with the queen. If the Nāga who was the supreme land owner of Khmer land did not show up for a night, the king's day would be numbered, if the king did not show up, calamity would strike his land.

Speech of H. E. Ms. Phoeurng Sackona, President of APSARA National Authority

Welcome Remark by H.E Dr. SUM Map, Director General of APSARA National Authority

Weather Forecast

Angkor Code of Conduct

Angkor Code of Conduct's Video

Website Visitors

Now Online
:
6
Today
:
1310
Yesterday
:
10242
This Week
:
22120
This Month
:
0268742
Total
:
002790254